2018 Summit Agenda
Key Objectives for Each Session
Using Data to Show ROI for Pharmacy Enhanced Services with Tripp Logan
- Discuss the new models for collaborating with health systems and providers.
- Describe patient management techniques that raise your pharmacy profile with local prescribers.
- Discuss implementing care management into pharmacy workflow.
Creating Proposals for Collaborative Providers that are Win-Win with Amanda Brummel
- Discuss the readiness challenges for pharmacy in achieving provider status.
- Understand the basics of physician practices and how to assess your potential value in what savings you can provide.
- Discuss metrics on which practices are evaluated and the role the pharmacist can take to provide value.
Identifying the Most Impactable Patients Using Risk Stratification with Rebecca Tyrrell
- Key Objectives:Discuss the metrics that a pharmacist can use to support their impact on patient outcomes.
- Discuss best practices for approaching primary care physicians with a proposal to collaborate on patient care
Helping Physicians "Diagnose" Non-Adherence with Cecil Bennett
- Discuss issues of non-compliance at the level of the primary care physician.
- List reasons for patient non-compliance.
- Discuss a potential role for pharmacists in the primary care practice.
Opportunities for Community Pharmacies to Engage in Transitional Care Management with Lauren Glaze
- Discuss who you can reach out to to establish discharge relationships.
- List good resources for starting a transitions of care program
- Discuss the information available through Quality Improvement Organizations and how to use this information to partner with physicians and hospitals to improve patient outcomes.
Strategies for Leadership and Stepping in to Your Role as CEO with Amina Abubakar
- Discuss ideas for effective onboarding for new team members
- List key elements to achieving staff buy in to the mission of the pharmacy.
Streamlining the Hiring Process and Building Your Pharmacy Dream Team with Shelli Warren
- Discuss attributes of a job description to attract the best candidates.
- Describe how to create and oversee a hiring process that you can delegate.
- Create the ideal interview questions to find the ideal new hires.
Tracking Key Performance Indicators and Managing Support Staff with Olivia Bentley
- Discuss the importance of culture in establishing new services
- Discuss how to successfully develop a relationship with physician practices
Strategies to Empower Employees to Execute New Programs with Hashim Zaibak
- Summarize the four disciplines of execution
- Discuss the use of a project scoreboard
- Explain the structure of weekly accountability meetings and how accountability matters to pharmacy staff.
Tips for Team Training and Optimizing 340B Programs with Amanda Gaddy
- Discuss the basics of 340B for the pharmacy
- Describe how to determine 340B contact fit
- Understand the importance of inventory maintenance to the success of the program
Tips for Creating Engaging Marketing Videos with Laurie Schloff
- Discuss important guidance for creating personal videos
- Understand the components of a compelling marketing video
- List potential business uses for videos featuring your services.
Investing in Innovative Technology to Adapt and Thrive with Mike Bollinger
- Discuss the importance of evaluating the options in assessing expansion opportunities.
- Name areas of expansion in the pharmacy market today.
Using the Psychology of Motivational Interviewing to Improve Patient Outcomes with Bruce Berger
- Discuss how to use analogies to help patients visualize the effects of not taking their medications
- Describe common reactions to attempting to persuade or order compliance in patients in counseling conditions
Crafting Your Unique Value Proposition for Effective Marketing with Greg Alston
- Describe the tools the pharmacy can use to improve patient perception of their value.
- Discuss how the pharmacy can work with a prescriber to define their “pain points” and craft solutions.
- Discuss market analysis to find new opportunities and how to “pitch” new services to prescribers and patients.
Utilizing Digital Advertising and Budget Friendly Marketing with Mike Petit
- Discuss tools to assist with promotion of your services
- Discuss strategies to get in front of prescribers and tactics to build a relationship
Using Telepharmacy to Serve Patients in Underserved Areas with Brett Barker
- Discuss the use of advanced technician roles to grow and improve patient care in telepharmacy.
- Discuss methods of expanding the service model of telepharmacy based on scheduling of rotating pharmacists and services that can be provided to a community to expand care
- Discuss the barriers to the adoption of the telepharmacy model.
Finding Unique Partners and Referral Sources in Community Pharmacies with Dimmy Sokhal
- List non-traditional collaborative partners for patient care services
- Discuss the value that comprehensive medication management brings to the patient relationship
- Discuss the investment a practice must make to expand and the return on investment.
State of the Industry: Spotting Trends in Pharmacy to Go Beyond the Fill with Al Babbington
- Discuss the importance of data exchange in the health care system to provide better patient care.
- Outline how improved patient documentation can enable the pharmacy staff to be more proactive in patient care and services
Building a Profitable Cash Based Weight Management Program with Kathy Campbell
- Describe how the skills of the pharmacist align with wellness coaching.
- Discuss branding and creating a positive message to attract new wellness customers.
- Discuss the use of social media to introduce an appointment based coaching model for your pharmacy.
Evaluating Payer, Patient and Provider Opportunities in Specialty Pharmacy with Morgan Miller
- Discuss market attributes to evaluate to decide what specialty pharmaceuticals and patients are best for beginning a specialty niche.
- Understand the power of relationships with prescribers and their office staff in creating a successful practice.
Adding High Margin Lifts and Walkers to Your Front End Offerings with Veena Choudary
- Discuss niches that can add to the professional and customer service reputation of your pharmacy
- Understand how working with partners to modify the store, generate ideas and train staff can be a valuable tool to success
- Discuss how to involve staff, train and motivate them to bring enthusiasm to new opportunities.
Model for Building a Pharmacogenomics Program in a Community Pharmacy with Darden Heritage
- List services that the community pharmacy can partner with primary care physicians to bring to their patients.
- Discuss best practices for starting a collaborative conversation with a physician
Taking a Fresh Look at Your Front End Fixtures with Gabe Trahan
- Discuss how to introduce new pharmacy sections by taking a new look at current sections and “finding more space”
- Explain the importance of introducing change to your pharmacy and creating staff champions
- Discuss resources to evaluate new opportunities for the pharmacy front-end
Profitable Models for Cash-based Services in Functional Medicine with Suzanne Keyes
- Discuss the use of diagnostic testing in patient counseling on wellness.
- Discuss a cash based patient commitment to wellness and various levels of patient involvement.
eCare Plans: Standardizing the Way Pharmacists Capture and Document Patient Care Services with Josh Howland
- Describe what eCare plans are and why they are important?
- Discuss how ICD-10 and SNOMED codes are used in eCare plans to allow the exchange of data that “speaks the same language”
- Learn how patient’s perspective risk scores are generated and used to create patient-specific standard goals.
Value-Based Care and Speaking the Language of CMS with Blair Thielemier
- Discuss the MACRA legislation in order to “speak the language” of providers
- Evaluate how Pharmacists can impact quality measures for CMS and Commercial health plans
- Discover ways to construct pharmacy services that align with pay-for-performance incentives
How Providing Enhanced Services Allows Community Pharmacy to Leverage Our Strengths Against Payers with Joe Moose
- Discuss how independent community pharmacies can band together to offer value as providers of patient care and recognize patients with highest risk scores
- Describe how utilization of the eCare plan in the daily workflow creates efficiency
- Learn how standardization and aggregation of enhanced pharmacy services, CPESN leverages the unprecedented access pharmacists have to patients
© BT Pharmacy Consulting. All Rights Reserved.